The electrical and electronic engineering is essential for almost all the modern industries and daily lives. Many things that make our lives comfortable, e.g., cellular phones, televisions, digital cameras, personal computers, the Internet, air conditioners, and cars, are realized by the electrical and electronic engineering.
The importance of the electrical and electronic engineering is now becoming even greater. To promote sustainable human prosperity, we need to develop a wide variety of human- and earth-friendly technologies such as photoelectronics and communication technology for ubiquitous computing, power-generating technology for energy-efficient infrastructure, robot control technology for industrial and home use, solar energy generation, environmental application of plasma technology, nanotechnology, biotechnology, etc. The electrical and electronic engineering plays an important role in all of these new technologies.
Undergraduates in our department acquire the expertise and the skills of the electrical and electronic engineering by taking part in the systematically organized lectures (of basic and advanced levels), experiments, and graduation research projects. We definitely welcome students from other countries and cultures.
- Associate Professor Hiroshi Wakuya gave a lecture in the Super Science Highschool (SSH).
- Professor Makoto Kasu has received the APEX(Applied Physics Express)/JJAP(Japanese Journal of Applied Physics) Editorial Contribution Award from the Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Mr. Jang HyoChang, a Ph.D student of Electrinics and Information Systems Course, Department of Science and Advanced Technology has received the Best Presentation Award for Young Researchers at the International Session of Applied Physics, Kyuhsu Chapter Conference 2019.
- Professor Yasunori Ohtsu has received Plasma Sources Science and Technology: .2019 Outstanding Reviewer Award from the Institute of Physics (IOP).
- Mr. Htet Wai Htun, a MC student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Course has received the 2019 Excellent Presentation Award of the IEEE Fukuoka Section.
- Mr. Maodudul Hasan, a Ph.D student of Electrinics and Information Systems Course, Department of Science and Advanced Technology has received the President's Award of Saga University.
- Prof. Satoru Goto in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has been awarded Distinguished Achievement and Contributions Award in Edu.
- A master and undergraduate students received the Kyushu Branch Award of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan.
- Students of Rokkaku elementary school in Siroishi Town visited laroratories in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- An undergraduate student in Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering won the Presentation Award at Student Meeting in Kyushu Section of The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
- Two master students in the Department of electrical and electronic engineering received an encouragement award from the 2019 Operational Amplifier Design Contest.